Old Feb 26, 19, 4:23 pm
RogerD408
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA LTG (EXP), Hilton Silver (Dia), Marriott LTP (PP), SPG LTG (P) > MPG LTPP
Originally Posted by MarTN View Post
Iíve started asking the front desk employees if they receive the arrival time or late check out info from the mobile check in app.

Every time they say NO and usually roll their eyes.

Bonvoy is creating a lot of frustrating situations. Either pass the info onto the properties or change the app!
There are a lot of grey areas here. I would not expect the FDCs to get an affirmative notice regarding OLCI, but it would be nice if they did. I do expect IT to be passing some indication on to the properties in some form to advise them of your efforts to inform them of your intent to arrive and any special needs. So, my guess is, there is some change to the reservation that the FDC is expected to be monitoring that indicates OLCI has been completed and display any comments submitted by the guest. Marriott has demonstrated time and time again that training is very lacking (from their corporate staff to FDCs) and matching process to marketed benefits does not seem to be a concern and leaving the customer in the dark is acceptable behaviour from the very top on down. The phrase "too big to fail" seems to be the guiding principle within Marriott and all their domains.