FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Marriott Bonvoy hotels in Barcelona, Spain
Old Feb 26, 2019, 2:39 pm
daloosh

Programs: DL PM, HH Diamond, Marriott Plat, AA, WP
Just returned from a lovely stay at the Hotel Arts Barcelona, and Bonvoy is quite the topic of discussion. I am happy to report that upon check in at the lounge, I was welcomed as a platinum and within a short waiting period, upgraded from a basic club level room to a corner one-bedroom suite with views of the sea as well as the Gaudi church, la Sagrada Familia. As a Ritz Carlton property, I was prepared to be completely happy with receiving the exact room I booked, but it is the low season. Now, this week is Mobile World Congress and the hotel is almost sold out, with rates 150%+ higher than last week.

Originally Posted by dblue
Also trying to decide between the Le Meridien and the Ren Barcelona... The difference is 15k points per night which feels somewhat significant, what is the upside of the LeM? Would I be better off going up to one of the 60k points options (Hotel Arts, Cotton House, EDITION)?
I'd say Le Meridien is a better hotel in a better location, if you want to be in the midst of Las Ramblas near la Boqueria. The Ren is close to a lot of shopping on Passeig de Gracia, restaurants, and to the Gaudi house, Casa Battlo. Hotel Arts is more points, but the service was excellent. Cotton House is even more points.

Originally Posted by joakgarp
W Barcelona is an overpriced and overrated hotel but it's been on my bucket list for some years and it's close to the beach so why not. Need to see if W Barcelona is overrated and overpriced with my own eyes.

Both Le Meridien and W Barcelona are ridiculously expensive (end of june) with 400-500€/Night (lol for real) but the rates will go down during spring and I'll then rebook my reservations.
Good choices, with middle of it all Le Meridien, and the only real Barcelona beach hotel in the W. Le Meridien (and Renaissance) prices are usually a step below the W and Hotel Arts (which is only steps from the beach). The W is only overrated and overpriced if you don't care about the stunning views and the hip vibe. Have fun!