FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Epic Disgrace by AA on 2/26 AA126 HKG-DFW diversion to HND
Old Feb 26, 2019, 11:13 am
IWontRegretThis

Programs: AA EXP, UA GS, FB Gold, AS MVPG, MR Titanium, VS Gold
Epic Disgrace by AA on 2/26 AA126 HKG-DFW diversion to HND

GF is currently in the middle of this debacle -

HKG-DFW, about ~4hrs in, has a issue with toilets, forcing diversion to HND
https://flightaware.com/live/flight/...755Z/VHHH/RJAA

They were aparently kept on the plane for just about ~4hr, with no food or drink distributed in y or J (GF was in J); or any information given by the pilots/crew the entire time besides the original mech anouncment.

Offloaded via bus to terminal after 2AM, told agent will meet them landside to figure everything else out.

Agent tells everyone they are basically on their own, to go book at room at the Hilton Toyko (about a 35min drive away); and to take on all costs to get reiumbursed for later. No vouchers for hotel or food given, even when agent was pressed "we dont have to give out food vouchers if we say we are going to cover the hotel room". Note this is for an overnight delay from 10pm to 6pm next day - where they had last been fed around 6pm local time.

Because my GF doesnt have a card on her, I had to call ahead to the hilton and they will get me to fill out a CC auth form so she can even check in and get food. I have never in 600k+ flying on AA mostly long haul, ever had a delay/cancelation handled this poorly. Hell, even 2 of the EXP agents I called while she was sitting on the plane tried to straight up lie to me about the plane status (one claimed she had already re-taken off again) amougn other unhelpful comments from them.

Sorry for the long rant, but anyone else stuck on this flight?