FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Carry on one’s own meal, question.
View Single Post
Old Feb 26, 2019, 8:22 am
MSPeconomist
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by sdsearch
What you might want to look into is whether there is any way to warm it up at the airport before you board. Then it would equivalent to carrying on a hot meal you buy at the airport.

Also, look into ways of wrapping the food container for the maximum time to maintain heat, after heating (ie, it's wrapping which would be kept separate through security and only wrapped after the food was heated at the airport).
How would you heat food in an airport? Most restrooms don't have really hot water, although I guess lounges have water for tea but would certainly frown on someone cooking outside food there. I can't think of any airports where I've seen microwaves (or ovens, stovetops, toasters, grills, etc.) for public use. Maybe the old college method of using aluminum foil and an iron, so that you just need an outlet? Most other cooking equipment would be too large to bring through security.