FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Brexit and Travel
View Single Post
Old Feb 26, 2019, 2:30 am
stut
Moderator: UK and Ireland & Europe

Programs: SK*G, Lots of Blue Elsewhere
Originally Posted by jimlad48
Sorry - wasn't trying to be difficult. I think it genuinely varies depending on personal circumstances. A regular traveller who hires cars in the EU, yes I would absolutely endorse getting an IDP.
In your case, it depends on where you are going, or even if Brexit is going to happen. My instinct is if you can delay the trip, then do so as I suspect a no deal will cause all manner of issues that will make it pretty unpleasant to travel to be honest as systems adapt to the new reality. If its a deal then you'll be fine.

If in doubt, go for it. But, I'd also strongly recommend waiting to see what happens this week and whether that kicks the 'no deal' into the Long Grass before deciding what to do.
Oh, I didn't take it as being difficult. It's a leisure trip, not a business one, and we are constrained by all sorts of timing (as well as non-cancellable flights and accommodation) so I will go unless it's utterly impossible. I think for now, I'll watch and see, as there are new developments every day. However, if I happen to pass a Post Office and have £5.50 and a passport photo burning a hole in my pocket, well I might go for it. It's not an insulin stockpile, but it could save some hassle if things go down that route.