FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Bangkok aircraft [and other BA 9/10 LHR-BKK vv-related things]
Old Feb 26, 2019, 12:14 am
Chris9642

Programs: BAEC Gold, Virgin Flying Club Silver
Originally Posted by SKT-DK
There are a multitude of threads on these old birds serving Bangkok if you search, and the general opinion is mixed. Personally, I think they are not as bad as people make them out to be - and I find it interesting that it is always BKK which is being bashed and not a single one of the many other routes the YMMx 772s serve...

There is not enough premium demand to serve the route with a four class plane, which is why we have not seen F on BKK for years. You do get the occasional unplanned swap though.
I agree - every week there is a new thread about BKK (one I think I even start myself at one point &#129325 but no mention of any other 3 class route - I’ve been on the same aircraft to Nassau and Brazil many times but those routes are rarely mentioned. Also agree that these aircraft really aren’t in bad shape apart from IFE (I bring my Mac with me anyway) - so I certainly wouldn’t be looking to route via a different city for the sake of a TV screen when you can bring your own anyway - other than that I genuinly don’t see a difference in the cabin - I’ve been on A380s in worse shape than Y-MMB/E and some of the 3 class are barely even 9 years old.