FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - New Corporate Preferred (upgrade tiebreaker) / new 'preferred' seating section
Old Feb 25, 2019, 9:02 pm
WineCountryUA
Moderator: United Airlines

Programs: UA Plat 1.995MM, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Plat/LT Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by Boraxo
.... I see this mainly as benefitting new employees that start with NO status (like me a decade ago) - they will get preferred boarding and seating which will be nice when traveling domestic economy and maybe some better protection during IRROPS. .
Yes, that seems to be the intent when it was rolled out -- a pseudo status level for those without status -- acknowledging that no status, late booking corporate flights get expensive tickets and lousy position of the totem pole (and lousy seat selection). Also for those use to status on another carrier, this allows UA to be a bit more attractive and perhaps winning some future business.
As you mentioned the flyer with status already has most of this and probably not interested in an E- seat regardless of the location

As a general note, if this corporate program starts impacting Gold or higher elites, UA has a lot to lose. UA is going to be less concerned about pushing no status folks further down the list.

Originally Posted by Boraxo
.... Unfortunately it appears that these perks only apply through tickets purchased the corporate portal, not for personal tix which would be more valuable to me during IRROPS. ...
It is the corporation that UA is targeting.

Last edited by WineCountryUA; Feb 25, 2019 at 9:10 pm Reason: more thoughts