FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - New Corporate Preferred (upgrade tiebreaker) / new 'preferred' seating section
Old Feb 25, 2019, 7:07 pm
Boraxo
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1MM, WN CP, Marriott LT Plat, Hilton Gold, IC Plat
The program was just rolled out at my company (or just announced) … not a shocker as we were on the SFO board that was posted earlier this year Was all excited until I saw the actual perks ...

Not much here for Gold and above, though I can see the Preferred standby, Preferred downgrade, Preferred reaccomodation and Preferred seat protection may come in handy, particularly as I have often been shafted on equipment swaps (even as 1K). Excuse me for being a bit skeptical about how this will play with other elites. Presumably GS and 1K will continue to be prioritized, but never found that to be the case as Gold or below.

Unfortunately it appears that these perks only apply through tickets purchased the corporate portal, not for personal tix which would be more valuable to me during IRROPS.

I see this mainly as benefitting new employees that start with NO status (like me a decade ago) - they will get preferred boarding and seating which will be nice when traveling domestic economy and maybe some better protection during IRROPS. .