FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Adding tickets to EI mobile app
View Single Post
Old Feb 25, 2019, 1:02 pm
anydroid

Adding tickets to EI mobile app

I recently booked DUB-BUS return in business (J) class with Amex travel to avail of their £200 cashback promotion. I decided to make my own LHR-DUB connection using Avios rewards as the additional cash price on LHR-BOS (via DUB) just wasn't competitive. So, bookings made and itineraries in hand I tried to add them to the Aer Lingus mobile app. This is what happened:
  1. DUB-BOS PNR (J) shows as a "Smart" ticket on the app, with no information (---) on baggage. Will this affect my entry to the 51st & Green lounge or the correct accumulation of AerClub tier points? Can I be confident the ticket actually includes checked baggage?
  2. LHR-DUB Avios rewards flight shows as a "Saver" on the app, again with no information (---) on baggage. Although Avios' say that all reward tickets contain checked baggage, when I attempted to check in on the IE mobile app, it appeared to include no baggage and adding 1 bag would incur a charge. I proceeded to check in for one leg to see what would happen. Can I be confident this ticket includes a checked bag, and can I proceed directly to bag drop?
  3. Final minor points: can I use the EI lounge at LHR T2 if I have a non-connecting connection to business in DUB? Can I use fast lane at DUB?