FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Marriott Suite Upgrade Policy (New)
View Single Post
Old Feb 25, 2019, 12:34 pm
hockeyinsider
Suspended

Programs: Delta Diamond, Marriott Ambassador & Lifetime Titanium, Hertz President's Circle, United Silver
Originally Posted by C17PSGR
Interesting experience this weekend at a legacy Marriott property where I have stayed at dozens of times that confirms another data point in the downgrade of the program from the Starwoodization. As a legacy Platinum Premier, before 8/18, the GM and Rooms Manager pulled a list of the handfful of Plat Premiers staying at the property and preupgraded them to suites. On the rare occasion where I wasn't preupgraded, they would take care of it at checkin, This time, however, they explained that all the suites had been preupgraded for people using SNA's. Obviously. that benefits the 50 night a year guest who might not otherwise get a suite upgrade but is a downgrade to the 125-150 night guest, I hadn't realized this might be part of the reason suite upgrades have almost stopped.
Why not name the property? I imagine this is highly dependent on brand and destination. I can't imagine there are many eligible elites using suite night award certificates for an airport Courtyard.