FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Medallion Benefit Clarification & Upgrade Probability?
Old Feb 25, 2019, 9:55 am
btonkid12345

Programs: DL DM, SPG Plat 100/LT Gold, Marriott Plat, National Executive Elite
Originally Posted by Cameron B
Actually, no. According to Delta's own text, "Members who are matched to Platinum Medallion Status will not be eligible for Choice Benefits unless the requirements to extend Platinum Medallion Status are met."

You just need to complete the challenge. Delta's definition of "extend" is beyond the 3 month challenge. They are happy to extend the benefit to you once you spend $2,250 and fly the little over 18,000 miles that first 3 months. You do not need to fly the 75k MQMs. The following review also concurs with me: https://onemileatatime.com/delta-pla...hoice-benefit/
It literally says in the line you quoted that you aren't eligible for Choice Benefits for matched status.

Extending PM means the normal requirements for PM. That's why they have the "unless" clause in there. Otherwise it would simply say "Members who are matched to PM status are eligible for Choice Benefits."

What OMAAT says in 2017 is irrelevant as we are in 2019.

I had a colleague in 2018 try to argue this and they rejected it with a hard no and even noted his SkyMiles account that their decision was "final."

I can only imagine the reps laughing when you call and try to use a frequent flyer blog as justification for milking them for benefits.

They shouldn't be handing out 4 RUCs to people who don't even fly 1/3 of the PM requirements. It's a slap in the face to everyone else who flew 75K/125K and thus earned those certificates and position on the UG list.