FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - TATL awards on VS web site
View Single Post
Old Feb 24, 2019, 1:27 pm
wco81
Suspended

Programs: DL SM, UA MP.
TATL awards on VS web site

I'm looking for a J award for late August, early Sept, from SFO to Italy. I have a couple hundred thousand Amex MR points so I can transfer to DL. But I searched on both DL and VS.

On DL, J TATL awards from SFO to VRN (ultimate destination) or nearby VCE are at least 150k and that's with rather long trip times, usually 2 stops. But 150k is the outlier as most are well over 200k miles.

In the same time period, VS shows SFO-CDG awards for 145k and it shows several flights at that price, with similar travel times. Though the VS web site seems a bit inconsistent, I tried other searches and tried getting the SFO-CDG search and it didn't find them until I used an incognito window. Sometimes won't even let me select Miles as the pay option.

I don't know if this is typical of the awards they have available. Or if I transfer miles over there, that I will be able to find these options again.

I checked SFO-LHR for similar dates and they want more miles and $1400, on either VS or DL metal.

Is it common to find J TATL awards on DL metal on VS Flying Club award searches, for lower price (in terms of miles, I haven't looked too closely at the fees and surcharges but they appear similar) than on VS metal?

Or to find them at lower price than on DL's own site? Well DLs award pricing has gotten ridiculous so maybe it wouldn't be surprising.

Or have I found something which is an outlier?