FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Replacing my carry-on baggage with a duffel
Old Feb 24, 2019, 11:02 am
pilotax

Replacing my carry-on baggage with a duffel

Hi all,

I am considering to buy one new carry-on baggage. I have a couple of very old traditional ABS luggage, one from Bric's and another one from (can't remember really). I am probably in my stylish mood and I am considering a duffel rather than standard luggage to replace one of them.
I tried to get some info from previous post but I saw many past threads were comparing a duffel to a suitcase for a weekend/3 days. I can normally put up to one week into my luggage, without really exceeding the average 8/10kg weight. In general, I tend to avoid to put 8 shirts o 9 t-shirts, I might wash them or reuse them over two days if possible.

Beyond that, the first question is if a duffel can be safely compared in term of size to a carry-on suitcase or not. Most of duffel I've been seeing so far don't have any ' litres' indicator and I am not sure I can just make a guess using measures.
The second question is, for those who are using and enjoying a duffel, what do you suggest. I like duffel in leather; not an LV, more like a Barbour probably (here an example https://www.johnlewis.com/barbour-wa...ldall/p2983187)

Thanks
S