FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Upgraded AA PE Booking With Cash & Only Earned PE Tier Points & Avios
Old Feb 24, 2019, 6:28 am
The _Banking_Scot
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Falkirk, Scotland,VS Red, BA Gold, HH Diamond,UK Amex Plat
Programs: Master of the Privy Purse des Muccis
Originally Posted by Mileometer
Hi all,

Just wanted to check if I'm getting the right info from BA regarding a recent upgrade - thanks in advance for any help.

I was offered a cash upgrade from Premium Economy to Business Class on an American Airlines booking traveling on an American Airlines aircraft (which I took). The flight was credited to the BAEC and I earned Tier Points & Avios in line with the Premium Economy fare I originally booked. BA are saying that this is correct and that "American Airlines doesn't offer extra credit for airport upgrades".

In the past, when a similar situation would arise and I credited the flights to AAdvantage, I would get the Business Class miles/elite credits so I wanted to check if BA's explanation ties in with what you guys have experienced or if I should be pursuing the extra Tier Points/Avios?

Thanks.
Hi,

Was this at the airport? In which case it is correct an airport upgrade on AA would only credit the orignially booked cabin tier points and avios for BAEC ( BA is fairly unique in OW that an AUP on a cash fare would give the upgraded cabin tier points and avios ( there may be another OW airline that does similar to BA).

Not sure how AA Aadvantage works in this case.

Regards

TBS