FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Companion award questions
View Single Post
Old Feb 23, 2019, 7:58 pm
HKGglobaltrotter

Programs: CX - DM; Hilton - Diamond, Marriott - Titanium
Originally Posted by Gongzuokuang
Do you have status?

I just tried to book an upgrade last October and had to go through the process I described above. It was exasperating. I actually discussed it TWICE. First, when I tried to check availability, and then again after I had reserved the revenue ticket. I even pointed out to the second MPC rep that it was a bit obnoxious to make us do that, and it just seemed like more evidence that they were doing everything they could to discourage redemptions. The reply basically was that it may be a lot of work, but we (customers) are enjoying substantial savings. He was quite clear there were no options, and had even told me that they could not even CHECK for availability unless we were already holding a ticket.

So either that is some change, or you have status, or you got lucky, or I got incredibly unlucky my getting two duds in a row! :-)
Wow! I have never had encounters like yours where they refused to check availability upon asking on the phone without the underlying tickets. yes, I am a DM so perhaps that might explain why.