FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Hilton co-branded card upgrade/downgrade [Consolidated]
Old Feb 23, 2019, 1:17 pm
vincewy

Programs: TK E+, WY, Radisson R
Originally Posted by mia
No, it means that previously holding the same card does not disqualify you from using the upgrade offer now.

However, American Express does not seem to consistently track accounts that have been up/downgraded, and you may be able to apply for the same product later and receive a bonus.
Interesting, I was wondering why some bloggers chose to close NAF HH card and reapplied Hilton Aspire. Perhaps they plan to downgrade to NAF HH later and hoping there'd be an upgrade offer(s) with points.

To me upgrading with bonus now means I don't have to take up AmEx credit card slots each person is allowed (reportedly 5) and it doesn't count against new cards opened. With 2 upgrades I may be able to get under 5/24 soon and it will come in handy if I ever need to get CSR.

p.s. Has anyone applied as new card and upgrade later so you could get additional bonuses (up to 5 times)?

https://www.asksebby.com/blog/amex-h...uld-you-accept

The problem is the only option I see now is upgrade, doesn't look like there's a way to get Ascend as new card.

Last edited by vincewy; Feb 25, 2019 at 9:47 pm