FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Irresponsible Parenting or Am I Missing Something?
Old Feb 23, 2019, 11:25 am
krispy84

Programs: Mucci de Guardian des Celliers des Grands Crus 1e Classé, plus BAEC.
Originally Posted by denhaagflyer
A year ago, on short-haul BA flight I was in front seat second cabin 767, aisle seat in middle 3. Gentleman next to me kept on working on his laptop during descent. Cabin crew did not say anything during final check. I asked him to please turn it off and put it away. He ignored me so I got up (as cabin crew was already seated) and walked into galley to alert cabin crew (who first got really upset with me for having got up until I told him what was wrong). I was really upset as with hard landing or braking laptop might have flown off and hit either him or some other passenger (including me). I did talk to captain on my way out and made it clear that this was completely unacceptable (one of the benefits of BA is that captain typically stands in cockpit door during deplaning, which allows to flag these issues), Captain agreed and promised to talk to cabin crew in question. I was considering reporting incident to BA, but was reassured by response of captain!
Your upset was misplaced. You created a far greater risk by standing up and walking to the galley than the laptop posed to you. Did that not occur to you at the time?

By all means, speak to cabin or flightdeck crew when disembarking.