FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Irresponsible Parenting or Am I Missing Something?
Old Feb 23, 2019, 9:46 am
dougzz

Programs: BA Gold
Originally Posted by paul78
I think the answer lies in the foreground...mobile phones and the metaphorical blinkers which are donned when ‘phone is in hand’.

And a question to the OP (and please be honest when answering), was your phone in flight safe mode when you took the picture?
Originally Posted by eugegall
Not at this moment because I had to quickly whip my phone out of my pocket to grab this photo! Very shortly after I turned it on!
Originally Posted by eugegall
Exactly this.

Phone wasn't off at all. Just in flight mode! Funny how some people need to assume to turn on others so quickly. Biggest negative about this forum!

In any case I'm a casual pilot myself and have a keen understanding on the importance on safety in commercial aviation so this isn't up for debate.
To be clear I didn't turn on anyone, quickly or otherwise. I think the whole phone thing is rubbish, but it's the rule. If someone says "very shortly after I turned it on" I'm going to assume it was previously off. Phones in flight mode have working cameras, they don't require a network connection for the camera to function.

Personally as said above, I'd be more concerned about someone taking pictures of other peoples kids.