FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - AF have downgraded flybe food & drink voucher
Old Feb 23, 2019, 9:39 am
PeteM01

Programs: FB Platinum
Originally Posted by Maestro Ramen
So I've used the flybe codeshares before. Wouldn't mind as it gets me where I need to be faster. AF used to give you a free voucher for 1 food and 1 drink, which is all you need for a 1hr flight (and tbh is usually better than an AF y fare...)

Well today, surprise, the FA told us that, since 2 months ago, all that AF customers are allowed now with the voucher is a glass of water and a biscuit (despite the voucher text still saying "of your choice - champagne excluded").

To make the biscuit extra worth fighting for, I also had to beg for the voucher at the gate, since my name hadn't been included in the list of pax that deserve the holy voucher.

And the best... I was travelling on a J ticket.

Behold, a business class meal for two!
When travelling to CDG on AF-coded FlyBe flights in 'J', I have recently been offered a choice of anything on board to eat and drink. Indeed, on the last flight, the FA was staggered that I did not choose the bubbly (at 06:50...). The BE fare class is W ('All-in'), as I remember, that also comes with fast-track security and lounge access. However, the return journey usually has nothing, with the voucher refused even when requested. I was very surprised to get a voucher on my last flight (early Feb) that had the 'your choice' promise, but was not entitled to even a chocolate digestive! I have complained to AF about this treatment and once was given an apology and a promise that they would approach FlyBe to at least make it the same to and from CDG. The second time, I was simply told to complain to FlyBe, despite having purchased the ticket through AF...