FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - My route to Platino. Was it worth it?
View Single Post
Old Feb 23, 2019, 7:20 am
ndwint

Programs: IB+ Platino
Originally Posted by asrmco
my question, if I may, is, what is in your opinion the advantage of being platino over oro? because to me, its the same...
Hi asrmco
Got my first taste of it on Thursday this week. After my usual monthly visit to the office in the UK, I found myself in the BA Galleries First class lounge in Heathrow T5.
What a pleasant way to relax after working hard all week. It is way better than the Galleries Club lounges.
Better selection of wine.
Better food. I ate from the buffet but the A La Carte menu looked good to and I did someone with the famous BA burger, it looked good.
The seating is better, the ambience is better.
All this and I was flying on Iberia in economy.
I had become used to accessing the Club lounges with my Oro card over the last year, so this was a welcome "new" benefit.

For me also, I know that the company I work for will be sending me to South America (Chile or/and Peru) during this year. The company policy is Premium Economy for long haul over 6 hours. So, I am keeping my two free upgrades (that you get with Platino) in reserve for these trips.

I also noticed something just yesterday. My company was trying to make my next booking to the UK. There was a a problem with it.
I intervened by calling the Iberia Plus Platino call center. The call was answered within 3 seconds and I noted a distinct difference in the way the call was handled and the problem sorted. The lady was incredibly attentive and helpful.

And finally, more Avios earned for the trip this week. 100% bonus over 50% bonus.

Not a bad start to my new Platino status.