FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Marriott Bonvoy ‘Ambassador Elite’ Level : experiences (2020 and earlier)
Old Feb 22, 2019, 11:48 pm
mikebor

Programs: Marriott Platinum, Starwood Platinum
Originally Posted by dimramon
I just called, using the number in the app.
Someone from "titanium something" said hi and asked how they could help.
I asked them to put a note in my reservation saying I would be arriving very late (3AM). I also asked if they could arrange a pickup at the airport.
She tried multiple times to add a note and it doesn't work. She tells me she'll call the hotel and will return shortly.
She returns and tells me the hotel has been informed. I inquire about transportation, and she has no clue what I am asking. She says there's a number on the website of the hotel that I can call to get that arranged. I asked if she can contact the hotel to get that arranged for me, and she says she cannot do that. I ask why, since I often request hotels to arrange for a pickup.
I ask to speak to a supervisor. Supervisor repeats the same story, saying if I want a pickup, I need to take care of it.
At that point, I ask what the point of the ambassador service is, since they won't do anything for me.
The supervisor's response was: "oh, you're an ambassador guest?".
I responded with a "yes, and I just learned that I can't count on this service for anything", and I ended the conversation.

I guess I will call the hotel to get this taken care of...
I read yours and others that have these issues and I don't get it. You should have a direct phone number to your ambassador. If he/she is not there the voicemail should instruct you to push 0 and a general ambassador agent should pick up. Or you can call the Amb 800 number to speak to one. If you aren't satisfied with their help ask for a supervisor like you did. Obviously make sure the supervisor has your account pulled up before continuing. And if the supervisor doesn't get it done for you then ask for an ambassador manager. They will speak to you and trust me, they will do their best to resolve your issues and make you happy.

Again though maybe I am just lucky but I love my Ambassador. We speak all the time, she sent me pics a few weeks ago of her nephew's birthday party and a short video. I can count on her for help 100% of the time, she takes notes diligently and upon my request(usually at a new hotel I have never stayed at), she will contact the GM prior to my arrival to make sure all my requests will be met. I couldn't be happier.