FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Lounge access at ICN?
View Single Post
Old Feb 22, 2019, 3:38 pm
redeyedonkey

Programs: BAEC Silver, HHonors Diamond, Marriott Gold, IHG Spire, Caesars Diamond
Originally Posted by loratliff
Came here just to say that they are always crowded AND hot AF. Truly terrible alcohol selections. The last two times there's been a mushroom fried rice that is kinda tasty, but if you're flying D1, skip it.
I flew Korean out to NZ and crowded + hot AF was exactly how their lounges were at Incheon. The smoking areas at the airport were cooler... (though only just).

Korean did keep the plane itself slightly warmer than I'd have liked but did provide some kind of mist spray which I emptied both flights lol. The lounge was at least 3-4C hotter than the hottest the plane got. The rest of the airport, while not air conditioned to US levels of cool, was comfortable so it seems unique to the Korean Air preferences not generally at Incheon. The food was uninspiring and most of the locals in the lounge appeared to be eating sandwiches which wasn't a ringing endorsement of the local food on offer. The wine in the lounge seemed horrific whatever it was.

I decamped (thanks to PP from a CC) and checked out a random two PP lounges that were available and while much smaller they were not crowded, plenty of loungers available, and one had a really pleasant buffet selection out so I had lunch there in the end. Oh and they were a pleasant temperature. I think if you sat in the Korean lounge for too long after your shower you'd have to go have another one so def don't get there early! If you have PP and don't need a shower (I wasn't looking for one so not sure what shower facilities in any of the PP lounges are like) then decamp into one of those instead.