FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - AA called me because they were holding my flight..anyone else?
Old Feb 22, 2019, 12:02 pm
donotblink

Programs: American Airlines Executive Platinum, Marriott Bonvoy Ambassador Elite
Originally Posted by ORD1Kguy
Okay, last night 2/21, I'm flying RDU > ORD > STL, it's a one way ticket. It's the 10:20pm flight to St Louis, so last flight of the night. I hit the ground and get an email from my customer canceling the next day's visit. This is no big deal since ORD is basically my base as I live in Wisconsin, so I go to my car and drive home. I walk through the door at 10:15 or so. At 10:30 (10 minutes after push back time) I get a call from AA gate agent., "Mr *****, we just wanted to check if you're still going to make your St Louis flight, we're holding the plane for you". I thanked her and told her briefly what happened and she simply said okay, have a wonderful night. In decades of flying I've never had that happen. I was floored. Anyone else?
Good thing you weren't flying United, they might have threatened legal action claiming you were doing hidden city ticketing. Glad to hear they provided you with great customer service, you don't hear many stories about going for great on here!