FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Hilton London Heathrow Airport (at terminal 4) {GBR}
Old Feb 22, 2019, 11:44 am
jerry a. laska
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K;BA Silver;AA G;HH Dia;HY Glob
I'm here now. Checked in very early this morning (was not expecting the room to be ready) but after the normal diamond greetings the desk clerk found a room for me on the 4th floor and I was able to drop my bags and head out.

The lounge this evening is rather busy with every 3rd person coughing it seems. The alcohol and food selection is the same as noted by others earlier in this thread. Margaritas are also available for national margarita day. I am increasing the strength of my gin and slims to try to counteract the germs being distributed around the lounge by the people who do not cover their mouth when they cough. The quality of spirits and food is above that provided by the T5 Hllton in my opinion. This Hilton also has quite a bit more staff servicing the lounge who are quite proactive in clearing dishes and refilling drinks.

Overall, an excellent stay so far.

Edited to add:

Visited the gym in the early morning before my QR flight from T4. The workout area is open 24 hours even though the spa itself does not open until 6am. The usual Precor treadmills and ellipticals but what sets this gym apart from other LHR options are the addition of a few more weight machines and more free weights including a bar. At 0530, I was the only person there until another lonely soul rolled in at 0600.

Breakfast in the lounge was much more reserved and sparsely attended than the evening reception. Silverware and napkin were set at the tables and the usual English breakfast options were all available along with many other selections. I found everything quite tasty and the staff were quick to empty tables when someone left.

As I said earlier, an excellent stay and I still prefer this property to the T5 property. If you are going to take the Hoppa to the T5 property I think I would instead choose the free bus to and from T4 (buses 482 or 490).

Last edited by jerry a. laska; Feb 24, 2019 at 1:54 am Reason: Add additional info