Old Feb 22, 19, 7:46 am
GoPhils

Programs: Marriott Plat, AA Gold
Originally Posted by christianj View Post
I've been wanting to make a reservation reservation at the new Academia of Athens Autograph Collection Hotel that is opening soon. Up until last week, the hotel wasn't showing ANY availability...neither paid or award. Since this past weekend it is now showing availability for paid stays but it still has NOT loaded the award category and thus has not opened up any rooms for award availability. When I called the Titanium Elite desk today, the agent called the hotel and they said they would not be declaring their category until 3/5/19 and would only be accepting paid stays until then. I find this totally ridiculous since we all know why the hotel would do this....pick a category on 3/5 BUT then also block out virtually all summer as a PEAK award redemption period thus screwing people wanting to redeem points to pay higher award rates. The supervisor on the Titanium line can't seem to do anything about this based on what she told me.

I'm at the end of my rope with Marriott...how can they let hotels get away with this?
Itís supposed to open in March and they just started taking cash reservations last week? Without knowing anything about the situation, that seems weird and leads me to believe it wonít actually open in March.

edit: although on the other hand if itís supposed to open in a few weeks one would think they know how close they are to opening

Last edited by GoPhils; Feb 22, 19 at 7:51 am