FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - ALL - Accor Live Limitless (to replace Le Club from 2020)
Old Feb 22, 2019, 6:15 am
Kremmen

Programs: IHG Diamond, HH Diamond, BW Diamond Select, Accor Silver, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by Dav77
i think is most relevant the % of point Payback you receive for each stay

100€ at platinum level give you 440 points (8.80 € / 8.80%)

There are often (I would say “very” often, depending on country) promo x2/x3/X4 points,
I totally agree with the first sentence.

For me, the promos are often worthless. Just this month, I was waiting for one. The Accor property I want to stay at ran out of rooms, so I booked elsewhere. 12 hours later, a promo appeared. Unlike every other major chain, you can't book before a promo appears, because Accor requires that you register before booking, not just before staying.

On earn:burn ratio, Accor earning you 5%-8.8% (2.5%-4.4% at Ibis, etc) is worse than just using one of the general hotel booking site schemes (hotels.com, etc) unless you hit promos.

Meanwhile, I recently booked 5 nights in a Cat 1 Marriott hotel that would have cost $657, a return on $3000 (30k pts at 10pts/$ non-elite) of almost 22% without promos! Yes, I took advantage of the 5th-night-free and I booked well ahead because the property is about to move to Cat 2, but that's part of the game. With Accor, there is no game, just lame.