Old Feb 22, 19, 6:07 am
christianj

Programs: UA Plat, AA Gold, LH Silver, Bonvoy LTTE, HH Dia, Hyatt Disc, PC Plat, CC Gold
I guess the consensus is that it is ok for a hotel to sell revenue rooms and not open up award rooms then. I think we need to take the "a hotel can open late and it's easier to relocated revenue guests" out of the equation because it just does not apply 3 months after the opening date (which is in March). If the opening was to be delayed much further they should have updated it to another date by now.

Let's look at this from another perspective then...the hotel is currently selling the base room which is also the award room. With only 60 room in the property, I think it is safe to assume that they will not have a ton of award rooms on a given night. If they are allowed to sell rooms several weeks out before they declare their award category it stands to reason that they may sell some of the rooms which would be part of the award pool. I personally do not think this is ok but I guess others seem to think it is....that is until they are impacted by something like this.