FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - IB/BA codeshare LHR-MAD: check in questions
Old Feb 22, 2019, 1:48 am
daftboy

Programs: Mucci (Scirocco Sash), BAEC Gold, IHG Diamond Ambassador
IB/BA codeshare LHR-MAD: check in questions

Hive mind knowledge appreciated here – I’m on the IB codeshare service LHR-MAD this evening in Business (booked via BA). I was able to check in yesterday on the Iberia app with our preferred window seats. This morning I got an aircraft change notification via Expertflyer (A346 to A345), and I could see our seats were now showing as not occupied.

I went back to the IB app which no longer recognised my booking, but via the BA app I was able to check in via it sending me to IB in the app – I then went through check in again but couldn’t see the option to select seats, and then when I completed that process we are now in a middle pair, which is a bit annoying.

Two questions:
  • If I call up BA Gold line are they able to do anything at all re seat allocations now? Or do I have to wait until the airport to do that now? (either because I have checked in already or because it is under airport control, or because it is an IB booking – or indeed all three reasons!)
  • At LHR do I recall correctly that there are now dedicated Iberia desks that I would need to visit, and that the BA desks in the First Wing can’t help? (I think I remember reading about something changing around this when they renumbered all the IB flights so they were on IB prime codes and not BA numbers…)
It all feels slightly more difficult than it needs to, but I know getting airline reservation systems to talk to each other is not necessarily an easy task. On the return leg we're on BA so hopefully a slightly more straightforward process...!