Old Feb 21, 19, 7:45 pm
Fyd

Programs: UA GS, SQ PPS, IHG Plat Amb, Marriot Gold, Hilton Gold, Club Carlson Gold, Accor Plat
Considering how much Accor has invested in non-hotel businesses, experiences, restaurants, etc, I think it was to be expected that they also reflect that in the rewards program - and I welcome the opportunity for more chances to earn/redeem points or receive perks.
It will be interesting to see how the "new level" is handled. Platinum already requires 60 nights - and how this will be handled going forward. It seems to me, that you could earn the new (Titanium? lol) status in 2020 for the 2021 year. It would be hardly fair to tell you at the end of 2019 that you missed the requirements for the new top level...
It'll be also interesting to see what they will do about the benefits. Certainly, there is plenty of room, ie Suite upgrades, free breakfast, etc., but I fear that Accor LeClub Platinum members in Asia will loose - we already receive breakfast and lounge access at hotels across Asia today.. I wouldn't be surprised if these features will become global - but for the new tier...
Sadly, the poor IT performance appears to continue as usual: Despite multiple attempts, all I got on the promotion site was the accor turkey and the ALL logo. It took more than 10 attempts to actually display the little information they are willing to share at this time...sigh... I will celebrate the day they decide to invest into more IT capabilities - instead of fancy marketing fluff...