FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Park Hyatt Sydney (Post-Reno) REVIEW - MASTER THREAD
Old Feb 21, 2019, 3:50 pm
Red259

Programs: Marriott Plat, Hilton Gold, UA Silver
Originally Posted by sydneyflyer12
The PH Sydney is a special property but I'd say it would only be worth it to choose it over a Tokyo redemption if you plan on paying cash to upgrade to a view room. If you're staying in low season it's not entirely impossible that you'd be upgraded at check in but you'd have to ask others about that.

One thing I would say is that if you end up redeeming in Tokyo, I would strongly recommend that you book at the Andaz Tokyo before March 18 when it becomes cat7. It is better than the PH Tokyo in nearly every way other than location, which is not a big issue in a city with such a good and easy to use subway system.
What is considered low season in Sydney? I'm going during the first two weeks of april. Yes I am aware of the Hyatts in Tokyo and agree with that Andaz is better than the PH or at least for someone with minimal status. Unfortunately the Andaz is not allowing me to book single award nights and I have to book two or three nights in a row. I only have the points for one night at the moment and will not likely have additional hyatt points until May, so I was leaning maybe towards using my points towards the PH in Sydney for one night or waiting for the category changes and booking a cheaper night at the Singapore Andaz and saving the rest of the points for Tokyo. I don't mind using the points on the PH Sydney if its a once in a lifetime must stay hotel but I did the PH Tokyo and was rather disappointed with the entire thing. I don't really feel like using 30k points and then paying an additional $150 for a view alone. If the view is the only thing that makes this property stand out then maybe I am better off going somewhere where I have elite status and can get lounge access etc for less money. I have stayed in several park hyatts and do like the brand though.Some are excellent but others are kinda meh.