FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Shouldn't Iberia honour a British Airways flight booking they booked in my account
Old Feb 21, 2019, 3:35 pm
84fiero

Programs: Tegridy Elite
Originally Posted by Fiona B
Iberia Plus booked flights for us from the UK to Bangkok after a complaint about the way a Qatar flight booking was made in November. Had had numerous Iberia website problems, dropped calls & ’systems down' trying to book & given incorrect information. The new British Airways flights they booked appeared as flight status confirmed in our Iberia Plus accounts. We booked a whole dream holiday around the schedule on the page's itinerary but discovered with just 4 days to go they 'forgot to book them' and they are just reservations. They also hadn't transferred the points across when were booked or cancelled the original Qatar flights. Issue been escalated but so far refusing to honour the booking they made.

Help please!
I'd agree with the posters above that you need to be persistent with Iberia. And in particular, escalate the issue to higher-level people beyond the front-line customer service representatives who are answering the phone. With some airlines it can help to use their social media, especially Twitter - sometimes it's effective in getting better handling and sometimes not. I don't know if that would help with Iberia or not, but you're not out anything by trying - but do so along with escalating in the customer service channel.

It's important to keep your communication simple and to the point of the immediate problem. Leave out anything extraneous. From what I can tell, the prior Qatar booking problems, other issues with the website, etc. should be left out as they will just distract from resolution. Regardless of what led to this point, your immediate concern is the booking with BA for the trip at hand - stick to that. Gather all relevant documentation. Keep your communication calm and factual (hard to do in the moment I know, but it will help). Good luck, hope you get it worked out!

Last edited by 84fiero; Feb 21, 2019 at 3:43 pm