Old Feb 21, 19, 3:18 pm
sydneyflyer12

Programs: Bonvoy Plat
Originally Posted by Red259 View Post
I was considering using points for a stay at this property for a night, but based on what I am reading I am thinking maybe this property isn't worth it compared to saving my points for a tokyo redemption. I have only low level status and it seems like everything I read that is positive about this property is more about the views and I would likely not get a room with a good view anyway. Is that a fair assessment?
The PH Sydney is a special property but I'd say it would only be worth it to choose it over a Tokyo redemption if you plan on paying cash to upgrade to a view room. If you're staying in low season it's not entirely impossible that you'd be upgraded at check in but you'd have to ask others about that.

One thing I would say is that if you end up redeeming in Tokyo, I would strongly recommend that you book at the Andaz Tokyo before March 18 when it becomes cat7. It is better than the PH Tokyo in nearly every way other than location, which is not a big issue in a city with such a good and easy to use subway system.