FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Get Status Miles Up When Based In BKK
View Single Post
Old Feb 21, 2019, 7:37 am
stan101

Get Status Miles Up When Based In BKK

I am curently based in BKKand would like to get my status back up. I had almost given up on my QFF as I did not think there were too many opportunities for miles based in Asia. I recently flew from Darwin > Sin > BKK and with the cheap Max Plus package for legroom, meal and the like I realised I made 80 status credits which I wasn't aware I would make. Apparently I was getting Economy Flex points rates with the Max Plus package,

I don't want to be flying back to Australia more than once a year, but I do like to travel to Vietnam, Japan, India, Malaysia, Laos, Cambodia and possibly Singapore and Myanmar. I do so about 6 to 8 times a year for even just weekend or long weekend trips. I know Jetstar hubs through Singapore so there are few direct flights to places from BKK. I am happy for connecting flights as long as there isn't a long layover in SIN. I have some questions:

1. Is there a quality route map online for flights in Jetstar. I can't find one anywhere.
2. What is the best way to find cheap flights on Jetstar. I'd really like a month search. I have used Sky Scanner in the past, but I can't filter by airline until I have chosen a destination. I really want to filter by airline first and then find cheap direct flights or connecting flight with reasonably short layover times.\
3. Is there a better airline that offers cheaper flights from BKK that can help me get status points up? I am happy to travel closer toward Europe for the longer short trips away if they are good value flights.

Any help that can get me started will be gratefully received.