FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Places to put things in CW
View Single Post
Old Feb 21, 2019, 6:47 am
rossmacd

Originally Posted by Cap'n Benj
I still don’t get the need for all this storage space everyone needs, even my carry only contains a passport, phone charging cable, contact lenses solution and glasses
I do mostly agree with you. For short overnight BA TATLs (US East Coast to LHR), all of my belongings remain in my backpack in the overhead locker, including my street clothes after having changed into my lounge wear upon boarding. The only items that make it to my seat are shoes (for unexpected toilet visits), my phone and its charger, my CX F eye mask and a pair of custom moulded ear plugs. I refuse all service items, except a water bottle which will likely find its way onto the floor. Makes for no issues for getting to sleep quickly after wheels-up, and a swift exit in the morning, and preventing me doing something stupid I did many years ago - leaving my wallet in the CW drawer!

On the other hand if I am on a day flight, my laptop or iPad and headphones may make it out of my backpack, but that it about it. Then again, as I would be very unlikely to be flying BA J on a day flight, I don't have the storage issues described on this thread.