FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - CDG 2F - New Zone Boarding process - AF Medium-haul
Old Feb 21, 2019, 6:00 am
catsniper75

Programs: AZ Executive (STE+) - FB Silver (STÉ)- Lounge Key
Arrow Zoning on Long-haul OK - Medium-haul NOK - To report on SkyPriority panel ?

Originally Posted by jsfr
I had this experience flying CDG to Heathrow this morning from 2E (L satellite gate L25).

Very unpleasant!

Because of the crampt area around the gate there was one Sky Priority queue to approach the boarding area which then subtly split into two after going around a corner: Sky Priority Zone 1 and Sky Priority Zone 2.

Obviously most people (including me) weren't aware of this so were just following the person in front - then I noticed lots of people being turned away from the gate "No, no, you're not Zone 1, you're Zone 2....", luckily I noticed in time and checked my zone just in time to avoid embarrasment and got back up into the Zone 2 Queue... but really... The non-Priority pax were having a good laugh at all the priority people being turned away.

It certainly didn't speed anything up, just created a lot embarassment/frustration/confusion/stress - bad idea, badly implemented.

Not sure what the breakdown between one 1 and Zone 2 is... If zone 1 is limited to J passangers fair enough on long haul, but an A319?, there were only 6 on the plane when I finally boarded, so hardly worth the effort (certainly not worth annoying all the other Sky Priority passengers).

As Plat for LIfe, paying a good (but not quite full) fare behind the curtain I have to wonder who gets Zone 1?
It is again a dilution of the SP brand, as mentionned already on this forum. Relevant for J pax on long-haul, not at all on medium-haul flights for 3-6 mere pax.
Maybe we should report it to the SkyPriority panel app