Old Feb 20, 19, 11:21 pm
777 global mile hound
Ambassador: World of Hyatt

Originally Posted by Red259 View Post
I was considering using points for a stay at this property for a night, but based on what I am reading I am thinking maybe this property isn't worth it compared to saving my points for a tokyo redemption. I have only low level status and it seems like everything I read that is positive about this property is more about the views and I would likely not get a room with a good view anyway. Is that a fair assessment?
I suppose I'm not the best candidate to ask
I'm spoiled with Lifetime Globalist status so certainly I am looking through stays with rose colored glasses
I simply love the PH Sydney and though the hotel has always been a work in progress I lean toward the current management
and team on board as some of the hotels finest in the history of the property
This isn't to say I won't stay in other area properties but in my way of thinking not finishing your trip with a stay of one to four nights at the Park Hyatt Sydney
is to have missed one of Sydney's most Iconic hotels that hasn't diminished with age and only gotten better
Only the restaurant has struggled a bit on my last visit as it had fallen a few notches in consistency and execution
One of my favorite restaurant managers had sadly moved on
Still I will take this happily over the Park Hyatt New York

Not sure what you have in mind for your stay but Park Hyatt always has requests for views all the time
After over 25 years of staying there some of the very best views are right from the restaurant and the lobby area where you can go for a meal snack or coffee and drinks
One cant stay in the room 24 hours a day unless perhaps on a honeymoon or lovers weekend?

The room standard is quite high and for those that have never been its one of life's exceeding rare experiences
The Guest Service manager is fantastic,the head concierge Jonathan Fambart.exceptional.Consummate professional with class,humbleness/kindness
A rare combination out there with door men trying to play double as concierge these days
He pulls rabbit's out of hats is truly one of the best globally if you need to turn for almost anything
There is a sense of exclusivity,serenity and privacy that most properties lack
I admire Hyatt in Tokyo The Grand and the Park
Lean more towards the Grand personally

At the end of the day everyone has to try the Park Hyatt Sydney at least once
Its simply a top 20 property of a lifetime.
Can it be very expensive yes but on points I wouldn't miss it and especially recommend it.

I once was in a smaller angular room a few years ago during a high demand time with lesser view and still enjoyed my stay
The team always resonates with me and I have to say I greatly appreciate so many of the heartfelt individuals I have had the pleasure to know through the years
Having said all that if view is critical to you in any property and its a priority and your not staying for a week or weeks consider offering to pay an up-charge to guarantee and confirm it
They are in high season now so through late March especially it might be wise.
Otherwise seek other data points from your same elite level peers and see how they fared in general.Best wished for a great stay whereever you decide to stay
Cheers

Last edited by 777 global mile hound; Feb 20, 19 at 11:27 pm