FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Late Check In?
Thread: Late Check In?
View Single Post
Old Feb 20, 2019, 10:48 am
Saltire74
Moderator, Emirates

Programs: BAEC Silver, FB Platinum, KQ Asante Gold, Shebamiles Blue, Emirates Blue
Originally Posted by suley
Hi Guys,

I was wondering how many have you risked a late check in with the hope of being upgraded? I was considering upgrading at the counter and read being early has its advantages but being late or just about in time is likely to get you an upgarde. I guess keeping an eye on Expert Flyer on upgrades and load is a advantage? I am traveling LHR ISB for a family event, its a late 10pm flight from LHR and I think its unlikely the tactic will work on the outbound flight given LHR has a high premium load and generally loads are 92% where as my connecting flight I have 18 hours before I depart and was thinking not checking in for the flight and arriving late to the check in desk as I plan to leave the airport.
If you do go for late check in, please don’t give a running commentary on here!! We have a certain contributor who likes to keep us Mods & Ambassadors on the edge of our seats at times with his ‘skin of the backside’ escapades when getting to airports for check-in and I don’t think we could take the pressure of the “will he/won’t he?”

S