FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Beware: passport control booths in operation at CDG 2F (Schengen)
Old Feb 20, 2019, 5:23 am
carnarvon

Programs: FB Plat for Life, UAMP, BAEC, Accor ALL Platinum, Marriott silver, Hilton, Meliá silver.
Originally Posted by San Gottardo

No idea why they do it. The Etat d‘urgence isn‘t in place anymore. I know they *can* do it, even in the Schengen zone passport checks are allowed at any time at the border between countries, and passengers have to carry valid travel documents with them at all times.

And maybe it‘s just that: they do it because they can. Maybe to show how busy they are.

Power trip. They got he power back during state of emergency. Don't want to let it go again.

Last time I challenged a PAF officer on the reason for ID check for a flight from NTE to AMS, he answered in a formal amd authoritative manner that France was in a state of emergency. Complete crap because he could not come up with a proper justification.

I'd rather have more capacities at 2E in the morning - I assume the PAF staff slowing down operations in 2F in the afternoon have been at 2E in the morning.
Who would not agree with you? Our politicians. So on we go with those stupid and useless ID checks.