FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - The LOT Kafeteria 2018-23 (retired)
View Single Post
Old Feb 20, 2019, 4:02 am
Concerto
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: FB Platinum, M&M FTL, BA Blue
I have no idea. But as I am a third person in all of this I will just have to leave her to sort it out. Or let it go, which is what I advised her to do. The thing with travel is, it's great when everything works as it should. But when things go wrong even your favourite travel provider can let you down badly in ways you can not imagine.

I am no lover of Deutsche Bahn, but yesterday they carried me from Basel Bad to Duisburg on what was a really great trip, comfortable in 2nd class and bang on time, even going through Köln Hbf. This, despite upheaval caused by a train accident (derailment) in Basel SBB station. Other times, the DB have let me down so badly I swore I would never travel with them again. I think the thing with most of us here is that we are fairly experienced travellers and can mostly ride the storms out, not to mention we have this community to lean on in times of need. Having said that, I am not in a massive hurry to buy tickets with LOT Polish Airlines, unless I need to travel to Poland (which I don't right now). But I feel the same way about the whole Lufthansa Group: I think all the airlines have reached more or less the same level of crapification.