FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Wailea Beach Marriott Resort & Spa, Maui, Hawaii [Master Thread]
Old Feb 19, 2019, 10:28 pm
DJ_Iceman

Programs: UA 1KMM, Bonvoy LTE+A, HH D, Nat'l EE, Hertz Plat, Avis PC
To be clear, there is a bar literally steps (like, maybe 20 steps) from the lobby.

But I thought everything else in Nash_Andrew's report was pretty spot-on. I, too, think it would be better positioned as a JW Marriott and wonder what the holdup is (as in, what brand standards other than 24-hour room service would they need to meet that they're not willing to in order to be reflagged). My last stay there I casually asked some of the staff if they were getting ready to leave Marriott completely, because all the branding really is "Wailea Beach Resort"--they minimize the Marriott aspect like crazy (and they didn't used to).

Finally, my wife and I have been staying there since our honeymoon when it was the Intercontinental. I've also stayed at each of the other Wailea properties at various times and stand by my assertion that the Marriott is not only the best value but actually the best resort there. It has no pretension but all the amenities.