FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - 3-class F seat now sold as Domestic F/Polaris Bus,GS or J/C/D 1K? may select pre-OLCI
Old Feb 19, 2019, 6:11 pm
prometa

Originally Posted by cos999
I have a flight in early March MUC-ORD that is a 777-200 and is showing the seatmap as shown in this thread: the old business class (48 total seats) and the new PE economy.
Last October, i had an upgrade for PVG-ORD clear and was able to select 2C as that was when they got rid of the F cabin, and let anyone in J select those very private seats IMHO.
My upgrade for my March MUC-ORD cleared today and I went into the mobile seatmap and saw Rows 1-2 "full" so picked another seat.
I saw the same on the seatmap on the website.
On a whim, I went to book the same flight and 2 seats in Row 2 on the seatmap were listed as empty.
I called 1k line to ask them to put me in the empty 2C and the agent said due to equipment swaps, the system is not letting Rows 1-2 seats be chosen. She would only say they
want to make sure someone that bought a first class ticket, would get one of the seats in Rows 1/2, the old F, if the equipment did not swap to the new Polaris with 50 seats.
So I assume the old metal with 8 F seats, -1 blocked for pilot (and missing on mobile app seat map), and 2 shown as FREE on that booking page, means more than 5 people bought F tickets but
don't have seat assignments(?).
What am I missing?
Since 2/5, only GS can pre-select the old GF seats now. 1K's used to be able to, but no more. See this thread's wiki. The agent is wrong, as UA sells no first class tickets on UA metal for international flights anymore.