FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Where to get legitmate, safe medication in Bangkok?
Old Feb 19, 2019, 5:39 pm
Presguy

Originally Posted by SQTraveller
You have evidence of a trip and your doc won't fill the prescription? And if you can't find a clinic in BKK you might get it off the street? Don't go down this route. Even if the drugs you are picking up off the street are legal, if you get caught you could be all sorts of bother. And you don't know what the quality is.

Anyway, if you want this, just go to any hospital, see a GP there and they should be able to prescribe the pills to you. Bring you old scrips so that they can see it and they should prescribe you a refill with no issues. I can recommend Bumrungrad hospital, which does have a walk in. It's international and all the front line staff speak English so you can easily explain your issues. It is not the cheapest for sure given it's international focus, but it's still relatively cheap by international standards. If you really want to go on the cheap, as your hotel concierge to recommend a local GP and they should be able to help.

Thanks for the two recommendations. When I said "I'd really like to avoid getting it off the street" - that was my polite was of saying buying on the street is not something I would consider.

I was frustrated/surprised by my primary docs refusal to issue another scrip early. I recently switched doctors (due to a move), and, as it is, she was reluctant to fill the scrip for ambien even after two visit. I have absolutely 0 history with any other controlled medication, so I can't explain her reasoning, but rocking the boat didn't seem like it would get me anywhere.