FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Air New Zealand [Premium Economy and Business Class fares]
Old Feb 19, 2019, 4:48 pm
Tag1987

I have to agree with others. Personally I prefer the QF/NZ/VA style of service. I don’t want to get fawned all over for 13 hours like you do in some of the other carriers. I like the casual but professional kiwi/Aussie service style of the home carriers. I might add that QF fares ex Syd are likewise much more expensive than others. It’s the home turf advantage and these carriers are brilliant operators because they are smaller they have to ensure that they operate effectively.

Also the COB in NZ/Aus is much higher. Wages etc are all much higher than Asian/Middle East carriers so that cost needs to be recouped.

NZ do a great job competing against airlines much more resourced (ME3 with oil subsidies, Asian carriers with 3rd world wages). Sure the seat is dated - but it is more than adequate and the service style if it suits you is also exceptional. The price is the price and I’m sure everyone knows that more than one airline exists.

I always find it interesting that a lot of people that slam AirNZ are also the same people bemoaning NZ jobs going offshore and the lack of opportunities for Kiwis. Not saying that is the case here - but something that I’ve found to be an interesting experience as an outsider coming to this country.