Old Feb 19, 19, 4:33 pm
mnredfox
FlyerTalk Evangelist & Ambassador: China

Programs: DL DM/MM, UA 1K, AA Gold, HH Dia, WOH Glob, IHG Plat, Marriott Plat, NA EE, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by mmdough View Post
For those who got the free night cert for the Aspire card, did you apply when the new card first came out or at a later date?
Originally Posted by farnorthtrader View Post
I am guessing that it is so screwed up that they can't show any logic to their calculations, so they have just deleted it. My most recent points credit to Hilton yesterday consisted of a debit for 1230 points for a cancelled Hilton booking from my December statement (for which I had received 5746 points when I booked it, but was also adjusted elsewhere), 1000 points for air travel spend, apparently from my January statement, and 2109 points for regular spend, which would appear to be from $250 air spend on my January statement and $453 Hilton spend from my February statement. I also got 473 points for Hilton spend, which appears to be related to the cancelled booking in December and the new Hilton spend in February. I had to figure this out myself because when I asked AMEX, the chat rep explained the debit for 1230 points, told me there were still more than 6000 points pending from the February statement (which is wrong) and then said not to worry, because their system checks all of this thrice (yup, he used the word thrice) and always correctly credits the points. From my calculations, their system does seem to have gotten it right unless I eventually get the points he said were pending, but it took three months for the system to fix everything. I guess checking things thrice takes their system some time.
LOL, CSR saying "not to worry". So are your statements having the same issue?