FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Seat blocking
Thread: Seat blocking
View Single Post
Old Feb 19, 2019, 4:20 pm
Goldorak
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AF/KL Flying Blue Platinum for life/Club2000 Ultimate, Accor ALL Diamond
Originally Posted by Porcepic
I also have the feeling something has recently changed. For example, on several bookings, it looks that once you choose a seat of a certain category, you can't select another type of seat afterhands (e.g. once you have chosen a Plus seat you are stuck with a Plus seat). I understand this may be an annoying choice from the airline's perspective when it involves a refund, but when this selection is made for free it should be possible and it even sometimes make sense for the passenger (e.g. to select a "normal" seat with a free middle seat instead of a "yellow" seat with no other pro than to be in front of the cabin).
This problem is not new. It exists for at least 18 months. I remember some bookings Y long haul where I had selected a seat plus or "seat duo" or "seat at the front of the cabin" and it was impossible to change it on-line (as platinum, those seats were free). Only way to change it was to call the PSL.