FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - The LOT Kafeteria 2018-23 (retired)
View Single Post
Old Feb 19, 2019, 3:27 pm
Concerto
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: FB Platinum, M&M FTL, BA Blue
Originally Posted by Concerto
Got a friend who had a ticket to fly LOT from Yerevan to Geneva (via WAW of course) recently. Apparently the Yerevan flights are often, if not always, late. In this case it really was very late and she missed the connection to GVA in WAW and LOT were really unhelpful, apparently. She managed to persuade them to put her on the ZRH flight with SWISS, from where she took the train down to Geneva. But the rehearsal was missed because she arrived in Geneva many hours after the scheduled time. I think she is due compensation. Any idea how to go about this, because I expect LOT will be totally unresponsive? This is a total first for me (I rarely use LOT) so I hope to learn something from it.
A response finally came about this. My friend, who is a respected violinist, is quite angry with the response and what she said about it is not printable here (otherwise Oliver will have to lock me up!). They basically said that it was her responsibility to be at the gate on time. They said that the minimum connecting time requirement was met and it was possible to make the connection for the next flight (LO417). The responsibility to be at the boarding gate on time, rests with the passengers, to quote their words. Do they not keep records of delays and missed connections, or are they so dumb that they lie like this?