FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Wyndham Rewards Change in Program and top redemptions now 30k!
Old Feb 19, 2019, 3:19 pm
jebr

Originally Posted by TTT103
It will be interesting to see the 200 properties that jump to the 30K cat. I have a feeling it's all the properties I tend to use my points at.
Yeah, not having the list of properties that are going up to 30K is a huge question mark on how big of a devaluation this is. It'll probably make redemptions much closer to a penny per point, though (there probably are only 200ish properties that can command an average rate of even $150/night or above, though perhaps there's more when including La Quinta properties.) It's certainly a negative, though, and unless there's some good 7,500 point redemptions I don't see it being nearly as attractive of a program to earn points in.

That said, price is the ultimate concern, and if La Quintas get the 20%-ish off with the Allied Business Network corporate code, it may still stay competitive for trips where I need flexibility or opaque booking channels aren't priced competitively enough considering their tradeoffs.