FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - International Travel with Minor – Different PNR
Old Feb 19, 2019, 10:12 am
mrdovenb

Programs: delta skymiles
International Travel with Minor – Different PNR

I have a question for the experts here. This summer I am taking my 12 year old daughter to France. I am traveling MSP -> CDG (Delta) on the outbound and RNS ->AMS (Air France) followed by AMS->MSP (Delta) on the return. The RNS -> AMS leg is an independent, non codeshare, one way flight on a different PNR. To make matters more complicated, my daughter and I both have separate PNRs for the MSP ->CDG and AMS ->MSP legs. This was so I could use a credit from a previous flight.

Here is my concern: I have read that because the TATL legs are on different PNRs we will need to actually be present at the airport to check in for the Delta flights. If my RNS ->AMS flight is delayed for any reason, we would be inside of the 1 hr minimum check in requirement. My questions are: 1) should I just try to rebook this (and forget about using the credit) so we can be on one PNR (and presumably can check in online), or 2) will they be able to check us in for the AMS->MSP flight in RNS even though it’s a separate itinerary. I was not able to get a definitive answer to #2 after two calls to the diamond desk.

As an aside, the reason we didn’t book RNS all the way through to MSP (via AMS) was because it added $700 to each itinerary whereas booking a one-way from RNS to AMS was roughly $100.

Thanks much!