FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Valet Bag Missing, Bag Number Assigned to Another Passenger in a Different Airport
Old Feb 19, 2019, 7:35 am
MSPeconomist
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by hortkie
My guess is that your bag never was loaded on the plane to CVG and your pink tag was never scanned.
In a post above someone asked if you had dropped your bag in the usual spot at the end of the jetbridge, and you replied that you had dropped it in the usual spot and also that you had waited until everyone boarding to wait to see if you could get the comps. And the GA told you to board and that your seat was not needed - any chance you left your bag near desk and walked down the jet bridge not even realizing ?
I was guessing that if the OP had been the last to board, perhaps all bags from the usual valet bag spot at the end of the jetway had already been loaded, so that the OP's bag was left behind. If no one noticed, it would have been loaded onto the next RJ departing from that gate, or perhaps viewed as a bag on the next arriving flight that someone forgot to pick up (in which case if would go to that airport's DL baggage claim office or the airport lost and found, I would think).