FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Mom Trip to Europe Pt. 1 -- Delta Economy: Seattle to Amsterdam -- Airbus A330
Old Feb 19, 2019, 3:35 am
roadwarrier

Programs: Flying Blue, Miles and Smiles, Hhonors, ICHotels
Originally Posted by kbooks66
I really want to go to South Africa in the next couple years. It is one of those vacation destinations that is creeping up on my list. As I am located in Seattle it is a very difficult trip to take, especially since I am usually in economy. The best routings to JNB or CPT are typically around 24 hours of straight travel. Which would be pretty tough in economy; and also very difficult to talk my wife into. That being said if I could build in a couple day stopover somewhere like Morocco it would make it more durable.

I have had my eye on the Eithad Points redemption on Royal Air Maroc for 22k each way with a free stopover, that would only me a matter of positioning myself in new york.
Considering the distance involved, I would do a stopover for at least a day to recover and stretch the legs. Only this is, RAM does not fly to SA so maybe Etihad with a stopover in Abu Dhabi would be your best bet.